Sept. 26 through Nov. 13, 2013
Tweet for a chance to win a limited-edition beach chair!
King Triton became UC San Diego’s mascot in 1964 and has been rallying our campus ever since. But what was this mythological creature doing before that? How did he end up on the shores of La Jolla?
Get creative and tweet your idea of what King Triton was doing before arriving at UC San Diego. Each week’s tweets will be entered into a random drawing. Tweet weekly for a new chance to win!
Entry: Tweet your idea (via Twitter) using the hashtag #FoundersContest.
Prize: Limited-edition UC San Diego beach chair. Up to 21 individuals may win.
Contest period: Sept. 26-Nov. 13, 2013. Winners will be selected weekly on Thursdays (Oct. 3-Nov. 14, 2013).
Eligibility: UC San Diego students, staff, faculty, alumni and campus friends.
Follow: UC San Diego on Twitter (@UCSanDiego) to find out who wins.
Come to Founders’ Day on Nov. 15 to hear the full story of King Triton.
The Official Rules
- Entry Period. Contest is open Sept. 26, 2013 through Nov. 13, 2013. To be considered for the weekly prize, entries must be posted by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on the Wednesday of the respective week.
- Eligibility. Contest is open to UC San Diego students, staff, faculty, alumni and campus friends. Participants must be 18 years of age or older. By participating in the contest, entrants agree to comply with these official rules, the sponsor’s interpretation of them and the decisions made by the sponsor in matters relating to the contest. By participating in the contest, entrants release and hold harmless the sponsor against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize.
- To Enter. During the contest period, from your Twitter account, tweet your idea of what King Triton could have been doing before he arrived at UC San Diego to become the campus mascot. Be sure to include the hashtag #FoundersContest (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free; register at http://twitter.com). By tweeting the specified hashtag, you agree to these official rules. You must follow the official UC San Diego Twitter account, @UCSanDiego, to see the winners announcement and if you have won, to receive notification. Multiple entries per week are permitted but automated tweets or tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified; duplicative tweets, or near-duplicative tweets, are also ineligible. All entries become property of the sponsor. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter website. Creating multiple Twitter accounts in order to exceed the limits on entries permitted by these rules may result in disqualification of all entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible to the sponsor unless you previously consented to permit the sponsor to see your Twitter updates.
- Prize Winners Selection/Notification. The contest period will consist of seven weeks total. Week 1 will be Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2013; Week 2 will be Oct. 3-9, 2013; Week 3 will be Oct. 10-16, 2013; Week 4 will be Oct. 17-23, 2013; Week 5 will be Oct. 24-30, 2013; Week 6 will be Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2013; Week 7 will be Nov. 7-13, 2013. For weeks one through seven, up to three weekly winners will be chosen each Thursday during the contest period. Up to 21 winners total may be selected from eligible entries during the contest period. Each Thursday, a random drawing from the pool of eligible entries will take place to select the weekly winners. To be eligible for prizes during weeks one through seven, entry must be received by the Wednesday of that respective week at 11:59 p.m. (PT). UC San Diego will make up to one attempt over the 24 hour period following the winner selection to contact the potential prize winners via the individual’s Twitter account and via tweets from UC San Diego (@UCSanDiego). If the potential winner does not respond within 24 hours of being contacted, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Prizes. The winners will each receive a UC San Diego beach chair.
- General Terms. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the sponsor, and hereby acknowledge that the sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize. Twitter is not a sponsor of the contest, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the contest.
- Sponsor. Contest is sponsored by the University of California, San Diego as part of the campus’s 2013 Founders’ Celebration.
- Disputes. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any disputes arising from this contest will be the courts located in San Diego County, California. In all cases, sponsor’s liability shall be limited to the value of one prize (i.e., a UC San Diego beach chair).
Questions? Contact email@example.com.